- 30 October 2018
- Posted by: Vincenzo Stefanini
- Categories: Investing & Trading, Money, Personal Finance
I opened an eToro account more than a year ago because a was looking for a way to generate a passive income automatically.
I wanted a way to increase constantly my capital through trading, but without having to work on it every day.
After doing an online search, I found the solution: eToro’s key feature, called “CopyTrader“, enables investors to view, follow and copy the best traders automatically!
Table of Contents
How does CopyTrader work?
- open an eToro account, for free
- deposit the amount you want to invest, via credit card, PayPal or bank transfer
- search for a trader you would like to copy, based on the performance, the location, the trading markets, etc
- allocate a portion of your funds for copying him and start the copy
All the trader’s positions will be copied to your account automatically.
You can just sit and watch your portfolio’s performance in real time.
You retain full control of your account and can take the trade over, or stop copying a trader altogether, at any time.
What is exactly eToro?
eToro is a social trading and multi-asset brokerage platform, that allows investors to trade and invest in cryptocurrencies, stocks, ETFs, currencies, indices and commodities or copy leading investors.
- Social Trading: you can interact with the other investors, view their portfolio, comment on their trades, you can post messages on your dashboard, like in a social network
- Trading on multiple asset types
- CopyTrader: Choose the traders you want to copy, decide on the amount you wish to invest, and copy everything they do automatically, and in real-time, with one click of a button
- CopyPortfolios: eToro’s CopyPortfolios are thematic investment instruments programmed for long-term double-digit return. Each CopyPortfolio aggregates various assets or a group of traders and is constantly optimised by machine-learning algorithms
- Demo Account: virtual-money account, credited with $100,000, where you can practice your strategies and hone your skills before trading with real money
- Mobile App: you can also trade using your smartphone
- Learning: eToro offers a variety of trading tools and courses, to give you everything you need to become an educated trader or long-term investor
- Frequent financial news updates
- Charting: eToro offers candlestick charting, available via each asset screen
eToro makes a small charge for leveraged positions held overnight, or over the weekend. This is standard practice for CFD brokers. This reflects their own costs in maintaining the position. The larger the trade (once leverage is considered) the larger the fee will be.
Risks an Protection
The firm is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), giving UK consumers the maximum amount of confidence.
Trading with eToro by following and/or copying or replicating the trades of other traders involves a high level of risks, even when following and/or copying or replicating the top-performing traders. Such risks include the risk that you may be following/copying the trading decisions of possibly inexperienced/unprofessional traders, or traders whose ultimate purpose or intention, or financial status may differ from yours.
Past performance of an eToro Community Member is not a reliable indicator of his future performance.
eToro (UK) Ltd. customers using the Cryptocurrencies Trading Service only (and not Cryptocurrencies CFDs Trading) will not benefit from the protections available to clients receiving regulated investment services such as the access to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) and the Financial Ombudsman Service for dispute resolution.
Please be aware that all trading involves risk. 67% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money. This content is for educational purposes only and is not investment advice.
The customer service team is available 24/5, via ticket system.
I’m a Popular Investor on eToro, you can find me in the CopyTrade section.
I invest mainly in cryptocurrencies and commodities like gold and oil, for the long term.
If you are interested in copying me and have any questions, feel free to send me a message.
Join eToro and start earning today