- 3 February 2023
- Posted by: Vincenzo Stefanini
- Categories: Investing & Trading, Money
Dear copiers and followers, click the link below to watch the video about my monthly portfolio update.
Video in English Audio
Video in Italian Audio
In January my portfolio closed slightly negative at -0.51%.
Overall, last year has been negative for my portfolio, but also the whole market has moved lower, due to the monetary policy of the US central bank.
The positive side is that I have outperformed Bitcoin and all the other cryptos.
In fact, Bitcoin was down almost 70% last year, but my portfolio closed down only 30%, so I was able to reduce the drawdown of my portfolio and the risk score.
In 2020 my portfolio made a profit of over 200% and in 2021 about 170% profit.
I know that for many of you, the copy is still negative.
In this case, I recommend being patient and keeping the copy open for the long term.
I’m expecting to close this year in profit.
January has been a very positive month for stocks and crypto, however, my portfolio remained almost flat, because I have also some short positions.
I took profit on some short positions, but also on gold and silver.
20% of my open positions are short on stocks, but the remaining 80% of positions are long on cryptos and stocks.
I will make changes to the asset allocation, depending on the next direction of the market.
I am waiting before opening new positions this month.
I have cash available in my balance to use for new trades.
Anyway, now is the best time to invest, in my opinion.
If you are already a copier, keep the copy open and add new funds to the copy every month.
Remember that this is an investment for the long term.
If you are not copying my portfolio, now is a great time to start investing.
Yesterday the Federal Reserve raised the interest rates by just a quarter point.
This indicates a slowdown in the pace of increase compared to the previous meetings.
However, the FED said that more rate increases are coming this year and that once they stop raising rates, there won’t be rate cuts in the short term.
They also mentioned that inflation “has eased somewhat but remains elevated.”
Investors don’t believe in the FED, so they are buying stocks and cryptos expecting a pivot soon and also a soft landing, so no recession.
On the technical side, stocks and crypto are now trading above their key moving averages, which is bullish.
However, I believe that the major bottom in stocks and crypto markets has yet to come.
Investors are too optimistic right now, in my opinion.
We are not in a bull market yet and it’s not the time to go all in on crypto and stocks.
In fact, I think that this is just a bear market rally fueled by short coverings in stocks and liquidation in crypto.
Inflation is decreasing, which is good, but it still remains high and it’s possible to see another spike in inflation because of the reopening in China.
It’s possible that the US economy will fall into a recession because the monetary policy is very restrictive.
Also, we haven’t reached a proper capitulation in stocks and cryptos. Investors are very bullish now and technical indicators are showing overbought conditions and also bearish divergences.
So, I remain cautious for the time being but still will do my best to take advantage of the market movement, in any direction.
I am an Elite Popular Investor on eToro.
Currently, about 350 people are investing in my portfolio.
I am managing a total of around $360,000.
I managed to reduce my risk score down to 4, which is great.
Also, in the past 2 years, my portfolio has made about 86% profit.
The current asset allocation of my portfolio is:
- ETFs: 31%
- Cryptos: 21%
- Stocks: 1%
- Cash: 47%
My goals for this year are:
- to keep the risk score low
- post regularly on my eToro feed and my social media
- to close the year in profit
- increase the assets under management to over $500,000
If you liked this video, please press the like button and subscribe to my channel.
If you have any questions, you can contact me on eToro or my social media accounts.
Follow me for more updates and videos like this.
Hope you have an amazing day.
See you in the next video. Bye.
Popular Investor presso eToro
Copy my portfolio
If you want to invest in my portfolio, please follow these steps:
1. Create a new account on eToro, via the following link https://www.vincenzostefanini.it/goto/etoro/
2. Go to my eToro profile: https://vincenzostefanini.it/goto/etoro-vincenzost/
3. Click on COPY
Crypto Investing Risk Warning
Crypto assets are highly volatile. Your capital is at risk.
Don’t invest unless you’re prepared to lose all the money you invest.
This is a high-risk investment, and you should not expect to be protected if something goes wrong.